Start warming up your grill!
The Beardstown Main Street Blues Brews and BBQ event is quickly becoming one of the premier events in West Central Illinois, and we have the prize money to back up our claims! Be sure to register today to secure your spot.
Overall Champions $5,000
$2,500 Overall Grand Champion
$1,200 Reserve Champion | $700 3rd Place Overall | $400 4th Place Overall | $200 5th Place Overall
Category Champions $5,000
4 Categories in Ribs, Pork, Chicken & Brisket
$450 1st Place | $350 2nd Place | $250 3rd Place | $150 4th Place | $50 5th Place
Backyard Champions $1,700
3 Categories in Chicken, Ribs & Pork (optional)
$500 Overall Grand Champion
$200 1st Place | $125 2nd Place | $75 3rd Place
People’s Choice $750
$500 First Place | $250 Second Place
Grill Games $450
3 Categories in Bacon, Wings & Beer
$75 1st Place | $50 2nd Place | $25 3rd Place
Kids Que Champions $300
2 Divisions: ages 10 & under, and ages 11 to 15
$75 1st Place | $50 2nd Place | $25 3rd Place
Registration for the event is open now.
This event is open to professionals, amateurs, and children ages 6 to 15. Be sure to get your registration in soon, as locations fill up fast.
This is a KCBS sanctioned competition. The four meats to be judged in this contest include: Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket. KCBS 2019 Official Rules and Regulations & Judging Procedures will be used. Teams must compete in all four meat categories to qualify for Grand Champion or Reserve Grand Champion and be eligible to compete in the American Royal Invitational BBQ Contest.
- Register Early, space is limited to only 35 contestants and 20 People’s Choice participants.
- Space is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. No assigned spots.
- Main Street staff will park each contestant on Friday, June 7th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- After being parked, participants may pick up their information packet at the Information Station located on the corner of State & 3rd Streets.
- 220v power supply is available no farther than 50’ from each space. Bring your own extension cords.
- Water source provided near contestant spaces.
- Ice will be available for purchase at the Information Station.
- Designated areas & containers will be provided for trash and ash disposal.
- All meat will be inspected upon arrival at the park. No preparation may begin prior to meat inspection.
- Teams will be given an approved KCBS numbered container for each meat by our KCBS reps at the cook’s meeting, 5:30 p.m., Friday, June 7th at the Golden Age Center.
- Entries should be brought to the Judging Area which will be at the Golden Age Center at the following turn-in times on Saturday, June 8th: Chicken: 12:00 p.m.; Ribs: 12:30 p.m.; Pork: 1 p.m.; Brisket: 1:30 p.m.
- A total of $13,200 will be paid out in prize money for all the competitions at the Blues Brews and BBQ Festival.
- Top cash prizes in this contest will be awarded to a Grand Champion ($2,500) and a Reserve Grand Champion ($1,200) for best execution of all four meats.
- This contest will pay down to 5th place in all four categories.
- People’s Choice winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize of $500.
KCBS Professional Competitors are encouraged to participate in the People’s Choice Contest from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 9th. All proceeds will benefit Beardstown Main Street. Volunteers will pick up entries at 10:30 a.m. that morning.
- 5 to 8 lb Pork Butts.
- Signage will be provided to let attendees know you are participating in People’s Choice.
Grill Games will be played on Friday evening after the Kids Q. The cost will be $25 per entry and will include:
- Anything Bacon Contest (Any type of food, must include real bacon)
- Chicken Wings
- BBQ & Beer (Any type of BBQ, must include beer in the recipe). Beer is being provided by Hand of Fate Brewery, Petersburg, IL, and will be distributed at check in.
The backyard contest will follow all KCBS 2019 Official Rules and Regulations. The two categories that will be judged in this contest include Chicken and Ribs, but we will have an optional Pork category for those who would like to participate. Teams must compete in both meat categories to qualify for Grand Champion.
Each team will consist of one to three individuals and one team supervisor who is 18 years of age or older. Rules state that the supervisor must accompany the children, but the children will have to do all of the preparation, seasoning & cooking on their own. Judges will award prizes from 1st to 3rd places in two categories, 10 & U and 11 – 15. The category will be ground beef.